The El Cerrito High School Information Technology Academy has had many exciting work-based learning opportunities for students. Below is a list of some of the engaging and informative opportunities students have experienced through this Academy.
- Our list of IT business partners includes Google and Pandora, Walt Disney Family Museum, AT&T, and many others, which students have an opportunity to visit.
- Students may earn industry-recognized certificates, such as the CISCO and Adobe certifications.
- Internship opportunities have been available to the El Cerrito IT Academy students at Wee Poets, Computing Innovation Center, B&T Bookkeeping, Girls Inc., the City of El Cerrito, TechFutures, TSG Networks, and WCCUSD.
- Students participate in an IT Pathway Day at Contra Costa College to become familiar with their IT pathways and credentials.
- In grades 10 and 11, all students take one course in web design and one in information systems design and management, which includes coding.
- In their senior year, students choose between a web design 2 course or a 2nd course in info systems design. The web design 2 course may earn students 3 transferable college credits.
- All WCCUSD IT pathway students are greatly supported by and guided by the Whittier Foundation’s TechFutures organization.